Search This Blog

Thursday 28 March 2013

Butterfly Embellished Card

Hello, today's card is a lovely turquoise fairy card.  I just love the colours in this card they just seem so inviting. 


 I started with a piece of  Centura pearl card stock in cream and cut it down and score it to make a  5 1/2" card blank.  Next a length of turquoise ribbon was wrapped around the card and tied in a bow to secure it. I cut some mirror board to 5 1/8" to make a mat for the topper.  Glitter card was then cut down to 4 7/8" and adhered to the silver mirror board.  The topper was printed from My Craft Studio 'Another Walk In Wonderland' CD and adhered to the glitter card using glue gel to make sure that it adhered to the glitter.  From some left over glitter card I die cut four butterflies using Marianne butterfly die.  These were then adhered randomly around the card.  Finally I stamped my sentiment using Staz-on black ink pad and 'Sentimental Sayings' stamp set from Creative Expressions.  This was then die cut using Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags die.  Whilst still in the die the tag was inked through using Antique Linen Distress Ink from Tim Holtz.  I also made an envelope to match using some gorgeous paper I got a sometime ago from Crafters Companion.

Hope you love this card as much I as I do.  Happy crafting xx  Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment