Search This Blog

Sunday 24 March 2013

May All Your Dreams come True




A snowy morning to all.  Today I have a card made using a topper from a CD.  I know a lot of people don't see CD crafting as crafting at all but I do, I like the fact that you can dip into it as and when you please and print off as many copies as you like.  With a piece of A4 pearlescent card stock I made an A5 card by scoring it in half and folding it.  Next I embossed a piece of blue paper using the tied together embossing folder.  This was then cut down to slightly smaller than the card blank. The sentiment was stamped from Butterfly 2 stamp set using Tim Holtz distress ink Tumbled Glass.   This was then cut to shape using Spellbinders Labels Twenty Seven.  Whilst the shape was still in the die I inked the edges with tumbled glass.  2 holes where then pierced  to make way for the ribbon.  A length of navy blue ribbon was threaded through the sentiment topper and wrapped around the blue paper.  It was then  attached behind using double sided tape.   The blue paper was then adhered to the card blank using cosmic shimmer glue.   The topper was printed from My Craft Studio Walk In wonderland  CD, the image is called ocean dream and was cut down to 5" 1/4 x 5" . This was mounted onto the embossed blue paper and glued down using cosmic shimmer glue.    An envelope was then made from pearlescent green paper to compliment the green in the topper.  I hope you like the shape of the sentiment topper I know I do it rather masculine.

No comments:

Post a Comment