Search This Blog

Monday 9 September 2013

Birthday Wishes

Hello bloggers today's card is a cute birthday card.


This card began life as an A4 sheet of pink topsy turvy cardstock that I scored and folded to make a DL card to fit an envelope I had in my stash.  First I adhered a piece of striped patterned paper to the top of the card and then adhered a contrasting floral one to the bottom.  A strip of pink ribbon was adhered over the join. Next I cut a rectangle from pink glitter cardstock to mount the topper onto.  The topper is a remnant from another card and the dress on it is made of fabric.  The topper was adhered to the glitter card and the whole thing was adhered to the card.  Next using an off cut of pink topsy turvy cardstock I cut a strip for my sentiment.  I then stamped my sentiment on the reverse of a piece of the topsy turvy cardstock to get a contrast in shades.  The stamp used was Polkadoodles ' sensational sentiments' and I stamped it with black soot distress ink.  The sentiment was adhered to the darker pink strip of cardstock and this was then adhered to the card.  Finally I tied a ribbon bow using the same ribbon as before to finish off the card.

This card is being entered into the following challenges

Creative Inspirations Challenge ~ Favourite colour combo

Papertake Weekly Challenge ~ Anything goes with an option to do Christmas

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 285 ~ Pretty In Pink
You can check out the details here http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/challenge-285-pretty-in-pink.html
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment