Search This Blog

Saturday 29 June 2013

The flowers of tomorrow are the seeds of today!

Hello bloggers today's has been made using a new technique I have recently discovered.


This card began as a 6x6 white hammered card blank.  Using masking tape and tumbled glass, faded denim and broken china distress inks I made my own background.  This was done by cutting strips of masking tape and inking it up by across the ink pad sticky side down.  It was then stuck to the card and I rubbed over it with my finger tips and then removed the tape.  This was then repeated with all three colours of ink. I had to do each colour three times as my making tape was rather thin, but if you had wider tape it would only take one application depending on your card size.  Once the background was completed I used perfect medium clear ink to ink through a mask.  The mask used was That Special Touch 'dandelion' mask.  This was then covered with Cosmic Shimmer 'true white' embossing powder.  A heat gun was then used to complete the embossing process.  Once this was done the white embossing didn't show up as expected so I replaced the mask over the embossed detail and inked through the mask with black soot distress ink.  Finally I stamped my sentiment using black soot distress ink and Creative Expressions ' sentimental sayings' stamp set.  This was then die cut using Spellbinders 'back to basic tags' die.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with tumbled glass distress ink.  The sentiment was then attached to the card with two blue brads.
Hope you like the newly discovered masking tape technique.  Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment