Search This Blog

Friday 14 June 2013

Keep Calm And Bake On

Hello blogger's, what a day yesterday was we had torrential rain most of the day, so a perfect day to stay indoors and bake.  Today's card was inspired by baking.


To begin with I used an A6 white hammered card blank as my card base.  To this I added some baking themed papers that I printed from Crafters Companions 'hobbies' CD.  The top paper is difficult to see in the photo but it has pictures of eggs in egg boxes, recipe books and bags of flour.  Next using a blue polka dot paper cake case I folded it into quarters and snipped out the bottom to leave the edge. I used two of these and layered them up to make a frill cross the card where the two papers joined.  Next using Spellbinders Wizard die 'chef' I die cut the chefs hat, oven mitt and spatula first from blue glitter card and then from some navy card stock.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with faded jeans distress ink onto the navy die cuts.  The glitter die cuts were adhered onto the card using foam tape.  The navy die cuts were mounted onto the glitter die cuts using foam tape, but slightly offset to give them some dimension.  Finally I stamped my sentiment using faded jeans distress ink and Justrite ' just keep calm' stamp set.  This was then die cut with Spellbinders 'iron works motifs' dies.  Whilst still in the die I inked through with faded jeans distress ink. This was then attached to the card using foam tape.  Using the centers that I cut out of the cake cases I made a corner for each bottom corner of the card.
Happy Crafting xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment